The Localhikes web site provides information on local hiking opportunities near both large and small metropolitan areas in the United States. You can find the perfect trail by selecting your metro area below to browse the available hikes, or by using the
search feature to find the trails closest to your home or office. The hikes on this site were contributed by volunteer LocalHikes reporters from around the country.
- See listing of all metropolitan areas with hikes All Metro Areas
- Good Views of the Susquehanna and Wildlife Conestoga Trail Loop
- Family and dog-friendly loop hike mostly along a beautiful stream Tucquan Glen Loop Hikes outside the metro area...
- Wooded ridgeline hike with scenic Chimney Rocks vista Appalachian Trail Caledonia - Old Forge Rd
- Views of Delaware Water Gap, Appalachian Trail AT - Lake Lenape to Totts Gap via Mt. Minsi
- A nice walk around a lake with good fishing once the work is completed Brady Lake
- A great hike through a beautiful forest with a vista in the end Butternut Trail
- A great hike in Worlds End State Park with a great vista and rock formations Canyon Vista
- NIce walk in a PA State Forest Choke Creek Nature Trail Loop
- Steep ups and downs, many stream crossing, varied ecosystems. Chuck Keiper Trail Eastern Loop - Day 1
- A great walk around a beautiful lake Eagles Mere Lake
- Neat nature trail for families with kids Fern Rock Nature Trail
- This trail is a good exercise trail Geisinger Trail Yellow Loop
- Steep climb with a beautiful overlook. Nice State Park to picnic at High Rock Trail
- Beautiful waterfalls, long rocky ridgeline (perfect for bouldering) Lewis Rocks Loop Trail
- 3/5 mile tunnel, C&O Canal Paw Paw tunnel
- Four Lanes of Superhighway now dedicated to non-motorized traffic. (8.5 miles) Pike to Bike Trail
- Vista with observation deck, rhododendron forest, varied ecosystems and terrain Pinchot Trail - North
- Vista with stone tower ruins, wild blueberries, reliable water sources. Pinchot Trail - South
- Nice little out and back hike along a portion of the AT Pine Grove Furnace to Toms Run
- A simple walk in a small state park, nice view Shikellamy Overlook
- Solitude, Swamps, Heavy deciduous forest, blueberries, raspberries South Loop Thunder Swamp Trail - Day 1
- Solitude, swamps, heavy deciduous forest, blueberries, raspberries South Loop Thunder Swamp Trail - Day 2
- Pleasant, easy loop trail passing through woodlands and wetlands Strawberry Hill Nature Trail
- Great views along the way and at the end of this hike. Great work out also. Thousand Steps
- Fairly level near-wilderness ridgeline hike; great views Tuscarora Trail - Knob Mountain
- A beatiful 27 mile hike with some great views of the PA Grand Canyon West Rim Trail - PA Grand Canyon
About Us Help Contact Us
Site Map Of Available Hikes
Copyright © 2003-2010 AllTrails, Inc.
Member of the AllTrails Network.